Why 2000 Carrots?

Why 2000 Carrots?
Carrot seeds often come in packs of 2,000.
Quote from the Missus "Two thousand carrots - what am I going to do with that lot? - Well I suppose I could make cakes!"
Cakes rock!

Saturday 21 May 2011

Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated!

On one of my all too frequent buying trips I discovered that the nursery had reduced their onion sets to half price, a bargain, 80 onions for £1, so of course, I bought three packs - well I would be mad not to - or so you would think. 

Hercules Onions - lets hope they live up to their name
 & shallots
Returning home in triumph I presented my purchases (always the romantic!)  to Mrs 2K.  She did not share my delight.  She had spent several back breaking hours planting our previous onion sets after digging the ground and declared that she had done enough and never wanted to see another onion again as long as she lived.  Needless to say she was delighted with my present of the 240 she would now have to plant.  Muttering death threats she started digging.  
...and more
Remember my previous post about waiting for the veggie reductions is Homebase?  Well, my prediction came true, with potato sets and other plants reduced to ridiculous prices.  I purchased a whole £5 worth of goodies, with the cashier querying the price as she could not believe what a bargain I had.  Presenting the ready sprouting seed potatoes to Mrs2k was a delight, however, the 3 packs of 60 onion sets for 50p each did not get the reaction I anticipated - think I may be off onions for a while!

Ps.  If you want me I am hiding out in the allotment shed!

No comments:

Post a Comment