Why 2000 Carrots?

Why 2000 Carrots?
Carrot seeds often come in packs of 2,000.
Quote from the Missus "Two thousand carrots - what am I going to do with that lot? - Well I suppose I could make cakes!"
Cakes rock!

Saturday 23 April 2011

Alien Invasion

Asparagus looks like something from Alien, a collection of tangled roots which have to be burried in a trench a foot deep. The roots are about two foot across with a small crown in the middle. Not something to be undertaken lightly, especially with our soil, but once in place should produce lovely crisp spears for years to come.




Have a quick look at the video produced by "Soilman". Soilman's Video. I watched this before planting and it was enlightening as to what to expect.  I have just started to follow his blog which is truly informative, entertaining and written in a colourful way!

No comments:

Post a Comment